My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

My Madness as a Stay at Home Mom

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Big Girls all around

So it appears that we no longer have any babies around here.  Last week while we were in Kingwood, Brynn woke up dry one morning. So we put her on the potty and had success, but only that one time. The second day she woke up dry again, and same drill. After the 3rd day I had to accept the fact that Brynn was ready to potty train. I had been fully on board with doing it as soon as Reese went back to school, (for my own sanity) so I was set to start the last week in August. I didn’t want to miss Brynn’s chance since she was waking up dry. On Saturday a.m. she was dry again for the 3rd morning and even though she had an accident in her diaper before we left for the long drive home, she stayed dry all 4 hours in the car. So as soon as we got home, she told me that she had to go, and she did. With that we were in big girl undies and doing the potty training thing.

Today is day 4  of not leaving the house and she’s doing well. We’ve had a few accidents here and there. Our biggest hurdle is that she goes about 16 drops and then says she’s done. Repeat that 4 times in a row and I think she’s done. So we’ll see how this progresses. Keep your fingers crossed. 

I will post some pictures when she is sleeping. Right now I have to go be on potty patrol!

No comments: